Birmingham, AL - 35211
Be The First To Make A Review
Your opinion matters. Leave A Review Or Edit This Listing for Urban Ministry.Do not request help here. Contact the Pantry directly.
Pantry Details, hours, photos, information: Urban Ministry
Our policy is to provide all qualified persons and families with a box of food no more than once every three months.
To set up an appointment to receive food assistance, call 781-0517 on Wednesday or Friday morning between 9 and 10 a.m.
To receive food assistance you must have:
1. A current letter (less than 2 weeks old) from the Food Stamp Office indicating you receive $75 or less in food stamps per person per month. The Jefferson County Food Stamp Office is located at 2001 12th Avenue North, Birmingham, 35234. Their phone number is
2. A photo ID and Social Security Card.
3. Proof of Income - can include:
a pay stub from work
layoff notice from former job
SSI Disability notice
4. If more than two are in your family, bring Social Security cards for each family member.
5. If you or anyone in your family is over 21 and not on disability, they must be registered with the Alabama Employment Agency.
If these qualifications are met, you must fill out and sign a form prior to receiving food.
visit our website for more information including how to donate food and volunteer.
County or Counties Served: Jefferson
* Important: Please call the food pantries to confirm that the hours have not changed. We do our best to provide full information and details, but food pantries often change their hours without notifying us. We do not want you to waste your time visiting a pantry that is not open.